[ale] OT: Speedfactory dropping USENET news

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Wed Sep 7 00:12:05 EDT 2005

Can you use a VOIP phone with DSL?

Most DSL services require a username/password combination.  Because of
that limitation, I'm forcing my home-telephony users to use Cable.
Cable [occassionally] requires a MAC Address for authentication.  DSL,
however, requires a username/password PPP kludge - which no VOIP phones
offer (without additional hardware: switches, administration overhead:
configuring multiple home routers, etc).

Just my .02 gold nugget shavings,
-CB