[ale] Xprint || CUPS & Mozilla w/Debian Sarge

Joe Sechman, CISSP joe.sechman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:30:07 EDT 2005

I'm a new Debian convert - and I love it....however, my printer
(Brother HL1040 Laser) will print from OOffice fine using CUPS, but
prints endless garble from Mozilla or Firefox.  I've seen threads on
"use Xprint and your problems will be solved" and my IRC endeavors
have offered the same advice ... problem is, it flat out doesn't work.
 I've tried installing every combination of the two (Xprint / CUPS) to
no avail.

Has anybody else seen this in action and, more importantly, gotten
printing to work from Mozilla on Sarge?

Any help is much appreciated.
Joe
--