[ale] The Tompkins County (New York) Expert Guide to Internet Security

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:50:23 EDT 2005

There's a frightening prospect. I'm originally from NY, and the pure
daftness of the government ofices there amazes me. Interesting that the same
county offices that have to niterface to state and some federal databases
(for social services etc) don't follow the rules of the Homeland Security
about installing and using 'alternate' browsers, like Firefox. They also
can't spell Firefox, which is a concern. ANy IT professional should at least
be able to spell what it is they don't want you to use...

WMM

On 10/24/05, Van Loggins <vanloggins at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://distrowatch.com/images/other/tompkins-county.png
>
> http://owasco.co.tompkins.ny.us/its/
>

> Whoever they have in their IT department, it's a sure thing that they
> aren't an expert when it comes to security.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s