[ale] Connecting with SUSE 10.0

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Mon Oct 24 00:29:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am new to this group, but I have been working on a problem for three
days and have not been able to solve it.  I just installed SUSE 10.0
and I am duel booting with Windows XP.

On SUSE I have tried DHCP and the static mode.  But neither one works.
I can ping the NIC but that's it.  Windows gets out OK.

I am on a small home network using a Linksys WRT54G router hooked to a
DSL modem.  I can not even ping the router which has an IP of
192.168.1.1.  The IP address of the PC and the addresses of the DNS
servers come down OK with DHCP.  On DHCP, I have to manually enter the
gateway address.  I am wondering if it is the firewall setting, but I
have tried most everything with  that.

Any help someone can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry Bailey