[ale] Slackware v10.2 compile woes

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 23 14:16:54 EDT 2005

>I have Slack 10.2 running on three systems about like yours (P-II and III, 400
>& 450 MHz, 3/8 GB Ram).  I have compiled K3B and Audacity on two of them
>without any real problems.  I know that doesn't help you with your problems,
>but it does demonstrate that compilation is possible.

Well, here so far I am batting 1000 (nothing has worked).  That includes:

1.  Samba
2.  Mysql
3.  openssl
4.  imap
5.  php
6.  Apache
7.  Kernel v2.4.31
8.  Kernel v2.6.13

Everything configures just fine.  Each one tanks on compiling for one
reason or another.

I wonder if there is a way to install an earlier version of gcc and the
necessary libraries?

V/r

Bob