[ale] USB - RS232 Question

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Oct 14 20:17:44 EDT 2005

dmesg should list the /dev/ttyUSB? that it found, if it did.  If not,
you gotta get the right modules and maybe install hotplug.  I know
that's a lousy answer, but google for the messages that you see related
to usb after you plug the device in (dmesg), and I'm sure you'll find
the answers to your questions.  There is a web site that lists the
vend/prod info that appears in dmesg but I don't recall the url
exactly.  If you can't figure it out, drop me an email and I'll look up
the references, but I suspect a google of that vend/prod values will
take you there.

Jim.