[ale] Slow connection on Cisco Switch

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Oct 14 09:36:13 EDT 2005

Its a 2900 XL.  I've not even attempted to configure it.  I purchased
off eBay.

All other computers work well and this thing is fast.  I assuming it is
a problem where the switch wants to do FD but the adapter on the RH 7.2
box is failing at that.  I had this problem in the past and we had to
tell the Cisco to force HD on that port.  I don't know how to do that on
a Cisco.  I don't even have the password to the switch.  I'm hoping that
the password is not set.  I'm building a console cable now to connect to
the console of the Cisco.