[ale] Seeking ways to getting around spyware on Windows

Jason Smith jasonrsmith75 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 13:09:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I need to setup my parents' computer with Windows and
was thinking of ways to prevent them from
inadvertently installing spyware/adware.
Windows is a must since it is all that they are
familiar with.

One idea I had was to
1. Install Linux with VMware ... and an image of
windows XP. That way, if their current image got
messed up with spyware, I could have them make a copy
of the original clean image and use that.

Are there better ways of doing this?

Thanks