[ale] A faster Java box - any tips ??

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Oct 9 18:22:35 EDT 2005

Another thing is abstractions.  (a.k.a Frameworks).  These things create
an object for everything including the kitchen sink and this will chew
through memory.

In our application we have the following path of data

SQL -> Tomcat -> XML -> XSLT -> HTML.

We found out that the XML + XSLT thing can limit what we can do just by
the number of stuff that goes on.  When it does run into issues I get
'Broken Pipe' errors in my catalina log files.  The JVM ran out of
memory try to render a web page.