[ale] A faster Java box - any tips ??

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 16:01:45 EDT 2005

Barring what David said, whenever you've got a machine that's trying to
do more than one thing with disk I/O at once - especially if the two
things are related and therefore land right on top of each other in time
and/or if read operations and write operations are mixed, it's always
good to break up the I/O onto separate drives that hang off of separate
controllers.  The separate controller thing is especially important if
you're using PATA.

Jeff