[ale] Emacs stinks, Vi is for wimps

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Oct 7 13:35:34 EDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Vernard Martin wrote:

> Jim Lynch wrote:
>
>  Of coruse, nowadays you can't do much of anything in 8MB of RAM.
> Although I do remember running linux in 8MB of ram. With X. And it
> didn't swap *that* much. At least until I started up emacs. :-)

And in the interest of starting the bragging match - what _was_ the
smallest lightest machine with X you have seen Linux on?? I seem to recall
a friend getting Linux going in 2MB(386SX proc) but not X. I had 6MB
going, but with flakey ram up high, X would crash the machine so I don't
count.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown