[ale] O.T.-for the technically advantaged

zeb n4zm at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 6 15:49:37 EDT 2005

I have a Compaq Presario 1247 notebook that needs  repair.  It may also need a
new battery.  It sort of works if  you wiggle the a.c. power suply just so.
Whether or not the battery will hold a charge  can't really be determined.  I
called Richard's Computers and they don't work on it.  He suggested that it
would need a system board repair and that it would need to go to a Compaq-HP
repair facility.  HIs estimate of  cost  was in the $300-$500 range.  I don't
have the knowledge/time to get into this myself.

Sooooo....If there is anyone who has the time, tools, expertise, and desire
to tackle this, e-mail me off list (and on, if you like, but definitely off
list), and you have a free (except for the cost of coming to get it) laptop
computer.

Zeb Morgan (n4zm at mindspring.com)