[ale] inexpensive mp3 players

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Tue Oct 4 12:11:08 EDT 2005

iPod can play MP3, AAC, WAV, and AIFF. You're not "locked in" to the
iTunes music store if you buy an iPod. You can load up your iPod with
whatever you want, never once interacting with the music store.
Personally, I love the iTMS, but it's by no means required.

Yes, you can "drop arbitrary mp3s into it." Feel free to rip your CDs and
put the resulting mp3s on the iPod. Hell, iTunes will even do it for you.
Into mp3 no less, if you choose.

No they can't play ogg, but I don't care about ogg.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:48:49 +0000