[ale] Bash history

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Nov 30 07:52:42 EST 2005

683 is simply the line number in the history file.  One must read their
file first or read the output of the history command to know what
command is associated with 683

[cfowler at shuttle ~]$ history | tail
  991  vim ~/.bashrc
  992  source ~/.bashrc
  993  history | grep mkiso
  994  rexec 688
  995  cd cloop-2.02/
  996  sudo mount -o loop ./filesystem2.img /mnt/loop0/
  997  mount
  998  sudo -s
  999  history | grep cdrecord
 1000  history | tail
[cfowler at shuttle ~]$

Say I want to redo the mount without retyping.  I just want to specify
the line number in the history buffer.

I specified bash and bash can be loaded on many unix systems therefore
making this consistent.