[ale] Followup to my locking up system.

tom sawyer tomsayer3135 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 14:28:01 EST 2005

Mike,
This isn't the only system that does this, it only
happens to do it the most offten.  The driver does
have some proprietary(??) extensions to it to allow it
to work with other nics based on Intel Reference spec
for 82546EB and related chips.  I'll see what I can do
to get the original .C files from our vendor.

It should not be compromised machine due to us having
iptables restricting all access to the management
interfaces to us only as well as having any connection
to the device alerts us immedietely.

How would I swap onboard nics?  :)  what happens if on
another box I'm already using 3 of the 4 nics with 2
being a dedicated PCI dualPro1000MT card and 2
onboard?  (an onboard nic is always a managemnt nic)

Thanks,
Tom