[ale] SSH keys

Mike Kachline mkachline at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 10:12:50 EST 2005

On 11/24/05, Marvin Higginbottom <marvin.higginbottom at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know this is no help to you, Brandon, but exactly what hoops do you have
> to jump through to get cygwin ssh to forward an X11 connection?   I've tried
> both -x and -X, and no joy either way (and the

Marvin,

This doesn't answer your question but, if you are looking to access your
remote linux box via X-over ssh, have you taken a look at "freenx" yet?
It took me probably about two hours of setup, (building an SRPM, moving ssh
keys) but, I've been very happy ever since. Full XDMCP sessions with a free,
clean looking windows client; all across SSH.

http://freenx.berlios.de/

http://www.nomachine.com/download.php
(Look for NX Client for Windows)