[ale] Aww... This is sad...

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:19:28 EST 2005

Christopher Fowler wrote:

> base install of Linux big?
>
> Linux is a kernel not the whole system.  People that don't do embedded
> stuff don't see this.  Use the kernel for the hardware support and the
> features and write your own code for everything else.

That's a no-brainer.  Obviously, GNU Coreutils is not "Linux."  However,
when people say "Linux" they're not just talking about the kernel.
Since you brought it up, however, the kernel source is taking *way* too
much space on my machine, and it takes too long to build on a 600 MHz
processor nowadays.  Should I report that as a bug?  ;-)

I remember when a base installation of Linux actually didn't take up
that much space, with gcc and the dev libraries... even when you added
X11... *sigh*.  Maybe I just need to go out and download Slackware '96
and refuse to upgrade.  LOL

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                      fd0man at gmail.com