[ale] RAID recovery

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 15:15:16 EST 2005

Geoffrey wrote:
> Robert L. Harris wrote:
>> You have no idea :>
>
> Oh, but I think I do. :)   Back when I was working for AT&T, I worked
> with a fun group of pure geeks.  Anyway, you didn't dare leave your
> workstation without locking it, even for a cup of coffee, because when
> you got back, things just wouldn't work just right. :)

Geoffrey, (note: I am not picking on you by saying this, as you did not
indicate above that you actually participated in that foolishness), I
think what you describe is just more fodder to frustrate a lot of people
who have spent years disgusted with the price they pay for the service
they get from telcos.  Clearly there were better things for your peers
to be doing than to be horsing around with their peers computers.  Sadly
AT&T has had to layoff a lot of good people over the years, perhaps if
their was less playing and more paying attention Ma Bell would be more
than just a division of SBC these days.

-Jim P.