[ale] PHP/MySQL Accounting Core - Reccomendations?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Nov 8 21:38:41 EST 2005

> modification, and there is no "real" good (read: complete) PHP Database
> Abstraction layer out there.  I don't want the code to be littered with
> things like "if ($db->Type == DB_POSTGRES) { sql stuff here } ..." and
> I'd like it to truly be portable and as standards-compliant as possible.
>  *shrugs*  So, we'll see how well that works out.

Such things are usually as standards-compliant as the back end databases,
which means "almost". Kewl thing about Linux is you can easily run
whichever SQL server you need, or two or three different ones without too
much headache.

Good Luck. I'm more of a 'dive in' kinda guy.. I'll spend days thinking
about something, but when it's time I typically just dive in and get
started coding. Usually the 2nd or 3rd time I create something I like
what I have done.