[ale] Way OT: Windows DC question

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:46:07 EST 2005

All,

Soory about the OT question, but I'm getting frustrated and I've
already spent an hour trying to research this very simple question.
===

I have a client that wants me to evaluate Microsoft CRM for them.

It seems to require the server be a Microsoft 2003 Domain Controller.

I have a test computer I can install Win 2003 on, but what are the
basic steps for installing it as a DC.  I do NOT have a windows domain
available to leverage off of.  This will be the main DC for a single
server LAN.  I'm doing a from scratch install, not an upgrade.

Way back in the NT days it was required to declare a system a PDC
during the install.  I no longer see a way to do this.  Do I just
install as a workgroup member, then somehow convert the server to a
DC?

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer