[ale] Motorola MP3 Player

Raylynn Knight audilover at speedfactory.net
Sat Nov 5 21:46:38 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 21:38 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Raylynn Knight wrote:
> > Someone on the list mentioned they had purchased a Motorola MP3 player.
> > I'm in the market for an MP3 player as a birthday gift and have been
> > looking for the 5GB Motorola unit.  I haven't been able to find anyplace
> > local that carries it.  If anyone knows where I could find one, please
> > let me know.
>
> I think that may have been me. I bought a 256meg motorola player for my
> daughter.  It will accept a card to up that to 1g.  I've not seen a 5G
> by Motorola, but the one I got was at the new Brandsmart in Kennesaw.

I saw the 256MB one at Brandsmart, I asked an they do not carry the 5GB
model.  The 5GB model has a rechargeable battery the 256MB uses a AAA
battery if I recall correctly.  I can find the 5GB online at Amazon for
$149, but I would prefer to buy locally and would even pay a premium if
I could actually find one.

Regarding the 256MB model, have you tried it with an internal card?  I
have a no-brand 256MB unit from Walmart and a 256 MB Rio that both
accept SD cards.  They also both get quite confused about what is loaded
when there are files on both the internal memory and the SD card.

Ray