[ale] OT: $400 Laptop

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Nov 5 14:56:31 EST 2005

William Bagwell wrote:
> On Saturday 05 November 2005 10:41 am, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>snips
>>I've also got an hp laptop that I paid $500 for that I would
>>like to see last 5-8 years, but 3 would likely be okay.
>

> New or used? Model number please! I'm in market for a linux compatible
> laptop in that price range.

New, picked it up at Circuit City last year on black friday. Model is
ze4901us  The only problem I've had with it thus far was that when I
placed a mini-pci card on the empty slot on the back, the bios refused
to boot claiming unrecognized hardware.  They're simply trying to force
me to buy their hardware, which I won't do.

--
Until later, Geoffrey