[ale] Organizing songs in an iPod Playlist

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Nov 2 10:02:10 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 09:55 -0500, James Sumners wrote:
> That is because Windows can only read a FAT32 formatted iPod. I would
> guess you are using HFS on yours.

Wrong.  It is FAT32.  It was because I bought the iPod from a friend and
it was loaded.  iTunes on my Windows box decided that the files on the
iPod did not the database on my winbloze box and it decided to
"configure" the iPod.  configure = format.  I had no problems reading
the iPod on winbloze.  This happened after I loaded iTunes.

> I've never attached my iPod to a Windows machine nor a Linux machine ;)

gtkpod is a very nice program.  I don't have OS X so it works great for
me.