[ale] IMAP Client

Patrick Bartkus list at trudiedolls.com
Wed May 25 20:52:08 EDT 2005

I have a freind who does some traveling. His ISP doesn't have a web-mail
front end. When he is on the road, he can only use dial-up to access
e-mail from his Outlook client on his PC.

I was reading about the IMAP protocol. It looks like it does what he
wants. But, he doesn't do that many things from the command line. He uses
a GUI real good. :-)

Requriements:
He wants to be able to see the messages in his InBox without downloading
them. He wants to be ablt to ignore any files with HUGE attachements
(avoiding long download on dial-up).
He wants to download only the selected e-mails.
He wants to be able to do as much as he can off-line.
He also is only doing this in Windows.

Do you have an IMAP client you recommend?

Patrick