[ale] b'bye

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue May 24 09:19:57 EDT 2005

  Ale has always been great for the newbies and some of the elder
users as well.  Fragmenting the group though does all a dis-service.  One
of the best ways I've found is to go answering questions for those who
don't know, especially if I don't have the topic expertise yet.  I've
never been too good to turn down a question, too busy maybe but not too
good or advanced.

  Maybe meetings should start having more advanced topics as well.  Some
newbies may come in over their heads but that's a great way to learn as
well.  Being thrown in over your head is a great way to generate more
questions.

  As for the way off topic and over heated conversations, that's an easy
one.  Mutt has ctrl-D and cap-D commands.  They solve those fights real
easily and without any stress.

Thus spake Christopher Fowler (cfowler at outpostsentinel.com):