[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:02:49 EDT 2005

On 5/19/05, ChangingLINKS.com <groups at changinglinks.com> wrote:

> You fear using your box in the challenge. I do not.
> You resort to name-calling and fantasy to prove your point. I do not.
> You are even afraid to participate in the challenge with my box. I am not.

How's this for a challenge?

You set up your box with public ssh access and give the root password,
IP, etc to the list. I'll set up a box with public ssh access and give
out a normal user account, IP, etc to the list. We'll have a group of
list members monitor the two boxes remotely. I'll log into your box
from mine, and you log into mine from yours. We'll get on the phone
together and count backwards from 10. At zero, you start rm'ing
everything in sight and I'll do the same. I'll even pay for the call.
Then we'll see who remains accessible the longest. If you lose, you
unsubscribe from the list and go away. If I lose, I do the same. Deal?

--
Jonathan