[ale] where is /sys/block/hdc/stat defined?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:07:09 EDT 2005

I'm experimenting with a SuSE 9.2 boot CD, and I'm trying to determine
the disk i/o rate.  I would normally use iostat -d for this, but
iostat is not part of the boot CD.

With the SuSE 2.6.9 kernel I can see what may be interesting numbers
in  /sys/block/hdc/stat.

I think that total sectors read/written etc. since boot may be sitting
there in one of the numerous fields, but I don't know.

If is, so a could look at this file(?) 100 seconds apart, /divide the
difference in sectors by 100 and have a pretty good idea of i/o rate.

Anybody know whats in /sys/block/hdc/stat?  Or know a different way to
get i/o rates?

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer