[ale] Linux Distributions

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 17 14:31:26 EDT 2005

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> I am not going to have this "root" argument/flamewar on this thread.
> There IS a case where one can run as root all of the time safely.\

There are a very limited number of situations where you would do this.
For a system that all you're going to be doing is login and configure or
monitor, such as a firewall or other limitied service server.

In general, there is no reason to 'run as root all of the time,' safely
or not.  Particularily in a workstation environment.

> For those that understand that, probably already know how.
> Those that don't usually cannot be convinced otherwise.

I think I understand.

--
Until later, Geoffrey