[ale] OT: U.S. National Identity Cards All But Law

ChangingLINKS.com groups at changinglinks.com
Fri May 13 01:43:36 EDT 2005

> > Example: http://home.hiwaay.net/~becraft/Scams.htm
> > Also see: http://www.quatlosers.com/
> >

> > In cases like this, it is not only important to ask "what is the legal
> > defense" but to also ask for case cites to support the argument.
> > Finally, do not believe what the person providing you the case cites says
> > they represent. You should review the cases yourself (and/or get a lawyer
> > to help you understand the material).
>
> If I can come up with a couple of court case numbers I will let you
> know.  I do know that I have personally observed one, and know of a
> couple of others that have pulled the defense and succeeded.  It may
> take the next vacation trip in Ohio to do it though, because I'll need
> to search in case law for it (and the cases all took place in the cities
> of Toledo and Bowling Green, Ohio, that I'm referencing).
>
>  - Mike

I have been hearing that exact paragraph ever since I heard about the patriot
movement. Forgive me for being skeptical - but I'm seeing nothing new here.
If the "right to travel argument" was well supported, the masses of people
that go to traffic court would not be paying traffic fines - and you could
pick up the relevant defense for $19.95 on the 'net.

Oddly, you mention having to travel to Ohio to look up case law. As I can
vouch for myself, Emory Law library (which is pretty darn close to
installfests) works just fine. My hope is that you aren't putting forth the
argument that Emory Law library is somehow lacking case law.

I'll shut up now. My only hope is that others don't get led down the same
path. I have seen patriots go to jail AND prison, get divorces, lose their
families and friends, only to hit rock bottom and stay there indefinitely.
It's not the exception, it is the norm.

My job in letting people know BEFORE they go off to some con artist to "learn"
how to rid themselves of a driver's license is done.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown