Solaris 10 was Re: [ale] SMP support for CentOS 4.0 i386

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Fri Mar 25 08:41:37 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Geoffrey wrote:

> My impression was that you couldn't use it in a commercial environment.
>  The download was simply for 'checking it out.'

The download is a 90-day eval if you don't register, or licensed for
whatever use you want if you register. Of course you have to register
before you can download, so effectively it's an eval only if you got it
off BitTorrent or use a fake email address when you register :-)

Solaris/Sparc downloads prior to 10 are eval / non-commercial license
only, and (at least used to be - haven't looked lately) licensed for only
2 CPUs. Solaris/Intel downloads prior to 10 were always non-free.

later,
chris