[ale] SMP support for CentOS 4.0 i386

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Mar 25 06:54:57 EST 2005

Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>>Has anyone priced Solaris 10 lately? Sorry...did I say that out loud?
>>>Uhh...nevermind.
>>
>>How much?
>

> free, if you don't mind no support and have one of the approximately 3 PCs
> (or pretty much any Ultrasparc) it runs on.

Good point.  I did download it and attempt to install it on a couple of
PCs.  First attempt, it let me get a good way into the process before
telling me I didn't have enough memory.  Poor installation process there
me thinks. My final effort, half way through the process it locked up.

My impression was that you couldn't use it in a commercial environment.
  The download was simply for 'checking it out.'

--
Until later, Geoffrey