[ale] x10 Signal booster? (slightly OT)

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Mar 24 10:46:16 EST 2005

A friend of mine in Charlotte works for Charter as an installer.  Last
week he and I were talking about these issues and he told me that
Charter does not allow the use of signal boosters.  Not sure why.

I had a problem in Duluth where I had shoddy cable.  Cablevision
installed a signal booster outside the house to boost the signal going
into the house.  It worked okay but I still on occasion would lose
connectivity.  Then one day I lost everything.  They made a few trips
out until they determined that a change at the box about .25 miles up
the road caused my outage.  We had to move the cable modem from upstairs
to downstairs and run a direct cable to get it working again.