[ale] OT: Question regarding whining monitors (for you EEs out there)

Michael Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:06:35 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:33:11 -0500, Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:

> I wouldn't take anything to CompUSA, for repairs, but I understand your
> issue if that's all you've got to work with.  These days, not many folks
> repair monitors, and I doubt CompUSA will have anyone on hand to give
> you a reasonable solution (outside of replacement).  Most of these type
> of folks know little (if anything) about electronics.  Then know how to
> swap cards out, install software and the like.

There are plenty of people that *know how* to take care of monitors.

They're just not willing to do it.  I know I, for one, won't work on
any monitors anymore without a very good reason.  Honestly:  they're
cheaper to replace then repair.  What I would charge to fix it, you
could buy a new one and wire it up.

If you want help with getting another monitor on the eMac and
disabling it's internal one, you could go through with that. It won't
be easy, but in the end you'll have a brand-new interface to hook up
new monitors to!  :)

--
M. B. Trausch      http://fd0man.theunixplace.com/
678-522-7934        http://fd0man.livejournal.com/