[ale] need a simple shell script

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Mon Mar 14 16:59:11 EST 2005

Guys,

I am embarassed to admit my ignorance but a need a shell script to do the following.

1.  find *.html files (recurse) in a particular folder. pipe it to:
2.  grep -i 'verified'   pipe it to:
3.  grep 04
4.  Print the path and filename of the file which meets criteria 1,2,3.

i have bits of it but a unable to string the pieces together:

this script find files recursively and prints filename | time stamp info to a file:

find vault_dir -type f -follow -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{printf"%s|%s %s %s\n",$9, $6, $7, $8}' > /home/dc/Log_dir
/vault.log

This script recursively find files with '04' in them.....

find ExternalDocuments_dir -name *.html -exec grep -i 04 {} \;

I have looked around but have not found the glue to put all this stuff together...

John