[ale] need help with SOAP server

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Thu Mar 10 10:15:14 EST 2005

I just got informed today that I need to set up a SOAP server by Tuesday.  Can
anyone point me toward some good books, tutorials, or even just pass along
some information?  I just took a quick crash course on what SOAP is, but I
have no idea what's involved in setting up a SOAP server.  There appears to
be an Apache project called Axis that is a SOAP server...anyone know anything
about this?

Alternatively, is there a PHP solution?  I read that Pear can make SOAP server
instances, but again, I know nothing about this.  I need a quick-fix solution
right now to at least get SOAP up and running on a server by Tuesday, so any
help or guidance would be appreciated.  I have free reign to buy any books I
need off amazon, etc, so feel free to suggest a book that's exceptionally
good if you know of one.

thanks!

-Jay