[ale] Clue requested in mounting Clie on FC2

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Mar 9 23:54:39 EST 2005

Well, that may be short, but it sounds somewhat obscene. 8-/

The longer version is that I could use some help figuring out why my Clie
PEG-TJ37 doesn't connect to my FC2 machine via usb such that I can mount
the memory stick as a disk drive. I am able to sync the device with jpilot
just fine, and can work around the mounting problem through a OS X
macintosh on the network, so nothing except pride and convience are on the
line here. That said...

The FC2 machine is a stock machine, with everything updated (I think -
should check). When the Clie attempts to connect to the FC2 machine,
/var/log/messages gives the following:

Mar  9 22:32:28 intel2 kernel: usb 2-3: new full speed USB device using address 4
Mar  9 22:32:29 intel2 kernel: Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
Mar  9 22:32:29 intel2 kernel: scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Mar  9 22:32:29 intel2 kernel: scsi scan: 56 byte inquiry failed with code 134217730.  Consider BLIST_INQUIRY_36 for this device
Mar  9 22:32:29 intel2 kernel: usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
Mar  9 22:32:29 intel2 kernel: USB Mass Storage support registered.

I _think_ the kernel is trying to tell me why I cannot mount this device
as a usb drive, but I'm too thick to understand and/or to google the
answer.

Does anybody see what I'm missing, or have a clue they can loan me to
clean this up?

Thanks in advance.