[ale] DNS issues

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 18:52:45 EST 2005

Actually this is because your ISP doesn't provide a reverse DNS record
for your IP.  This (while an inconvenience for you right now) is an
excellent and easy way for mailserver operators to block unworthy (i.e.
SPAM) servers.  Having said that, most ISPs do provide reverse DNS
entries for their client base.

Go to http://www.whatismyip.com and then open a terminal and type:
 host <your-ip> to see what reverse DNS entry (if any) you have.

hth,

-Jim P.