[ale] anybody successfully compiled QEMU ?

Marvin Higginbottom marvin.higginbottom at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:17:56 EST 2005

John Wells wrote:

> Before doing any of this, though, I'd seriously reconsider what you're
> trying to
> do.  Although emulators are definitely not my area of expertise,
> attempting to
> flash a bios from one seems like a horribly Bad Idea(tm)...won't you
> essentially be flashing a emulated bios?

That's exactly what it would *try* to do... :-)  It would probably
crap-out when it found that it wasn't addressing the bios it was
designed for.

Courtney, you'd be better off to just make a MSDOS boot disk and run the
utility from that- in fact, most bios flash utilities I've seen come in
a format which let's you do just that- not neccessarily the default
download, but generally available.