[ale] Hosting, RH vs. RH vs.

Grady Harris gharri2 at emory.edu
Thu Mar 3 13:28:15 EST 2005

Since it doesn't seem difficult to get an opinion or two around here, let me ask
for another--I'm thinking about getting a Virtual Private Server account w/
Tektonic (which Jay recommended in the last go-round about hosts). The default
OS is RedHat Enterprise Linux AS 3, but other  options seem available, such as
Fedora Core. Any reason to prefer one over the other?

What I'm looking for is a fairly complete & updated environment for doing things
with XML documents, & the tools I'm more familiar with in that are in Java and
Python. At home, I've been using Gentoo steadily for the past year & a
half--before that I had used SuSE, Debian, Red Hat, and Mandrake, in reverse
order to 1999.

Grady Harris