[ale] Problems installing perl module GD

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Mar 1 11:11:40 EST 2005

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    Christopher> I'm trying to install the perl module GD and I'm
    Christopher> getting the following error:

[...]

    Christopher> I do not see a gdFontGetGiant.

    Christopher> Is there a way to fix this?

That's strange, because if that function wasn't defined in the header
the module itself probably shouldn't have compiled.  I'd ldd things
and see where it's finding that .so and make sure that you don't have
an older gd library lurking around somewhere.

If that doesn't work, make sure that the version of GD you have is the
same version that GD.pm is expecting.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'