[ale] apt-get and sources.list question

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 12:00:40 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 11:36 -0400, Grant Robertson wrote:
> Now that Debian Sarge is "stable", do I understand correctly that I
> need to change my apt sources.list so that entries are all "stable"
> rather than "testing"?

I did that shortly after Sarge was finalized.  However I completely
reinstalled Sarge on my laptop this weekend and found a butt-load of
different files (timestamps/sizes).  Not sure why, but glad that it is
all "stable" atm.  Seems that Gnome works faster and nicer now that it
is reinstalled.  Networking is improved too, now my wireless connection
config isn't lost returning from suspend.

> If I did an apt-get dist upgrade right now,
> would I get the "new" testing?

Yes.

-Jim P.