[ale] Printer Queues in Ubuntu?

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Jun 22 21:41:29 EDT 2005

Is there a way to setup multiple queues to the same printer? I am
running Ubuntu 4.x and Linspire 4.x on one box and SuSe 9.2 on another box.

I have a HP PSC2610v that I've just added the duplexor module for 2
sided printing, and I want to be able to print either 1 sided or 2 sided
without having to go into printer properties. So far it appears that
creating a second or duplicate printer does not work, since even though
I set the one that should be configured to print 1 sided as the default
printer it still prints 2 sided. Also when I go into the properties of
this printer, (system named it PSC2500-1) I do not have the ability to
change any of the paper settings ahich is where you turn duplexing on or
off.

Also, I have found that I am unable to print page 1 of a PDF file,
whether I print in normal order or reverse order. The printer will just
eject a blank page for page 1.
This will happen whether I use XPDF or Adobe on Ubuntu. It does not
happen with other distros.

TIA

Scott C.