[ale] Bob Toxen's iptables rules help needed

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Jun 19 15:54:44 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 03:07:57PM -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
> I've not had reports of problems from anyone else.
>
> Do check the errata:
>
>      http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com/errata.html
>
> as Dow suggested.  Also, check elsewhere in the Firewall chapter where
> I give extensive advice on debugging IP Tables and IP Chains.  Do
> double-check what you have done as well.

Thanks for your reply Bob. I installed and configured the updated
rc.fwsoho and in addition found I had a misconfigured WinXP box trying
to access the Internet through it (broadcast). All is well and I can now
move on with fun stuff :-)

Have a great day all,
Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.