[ale] SuSE OpenExchange vs. Scalix vs. ???

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Jun 17 16:45:48 EDT 2005

i don't know about scalix, but I've installed OpenExchange and I'm not a real big fan.  Also, I'd be concerned about support for the product going forward.

Have you looked at Novell GroupWise?  One of the platforms it is supported on is Linux, and it has a Linux native client.  Additionally it has support for for a Native Windows and Mac client, evolution, any standard IMAP or POP client, and has a very good web interface with mobile client support.

There's a new version that will be out this summer that has an even better web interface, native LookOut support and better Evolution support via SOAP.

It still won't wash your car for you, though.

-jt

>>> keith at iqtv.com  >>>
Hi everyone!

My company is getting ready to upgrade our messaging/collaboration
systems and I am looking at exclusively linux-based solutions. Two
solutions that I have found that appear pretty impressive are SuSE
OpenExchange and Scalix. We would have some people in-house using
Outlook to connect, but the majority of people would be using either a
Web client (which Scalix has a pretty nice one), or Thunderbird and
possibly using SunBird for calendaring via ics subscriptions.

Does anyone here have any experience with either/both of these products
in the type of environment I've described? What have been your
experiences? Or, would you suggest looking at another solution altogether.

I would appreciate any information you could offer.
Thanks!
--
:: Keith Morris
:: Creative Director