[ale] /tmp set to read-only on boot (need help)

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Thu Jun 16 15:59:52 EDT 2005

Hmm, that's what it did not long ago. Now I see that a mount -a on a FC1
system behaves as you describe and mount -a -v behaves as I would expect.
I have obviously not done a mount -a in a while.

I suppose that since the mount -a was such a common thing that people did
that someone got tired of the warning and changed the mount command.

That leaves the question as to why you see it unanswered?