[ale] when dialup fails to connect, is it BellSouth or the ISP ?

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 14 02:44:26 EDT 2005

Courtney,
If you have water getting in your buried phone lines, you can get pops,
cracks, line noise, and bad connections.  Sometimes the electrical
ground wire gets rusted thru for your house or the phone pole outside.
Those things can be checked by just looking for them or noticing if your
problems are always after heavy rains.
Hope that helps a little bit!
Dow