[ale] OT: The old mp3.com

Grant Robertson f.grant.robertson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:52:28 EDT 2005

On 6/10/05, aaron <aaron at pd.org> wrote:
> And then there are also music distribution sites using Public Commons
> licensing.

The sites I mentioned earlier are all (mostly, archive.org isn't all)
creative commons.

>Michael Hirsch pointed me to MagnaTune a few months back...
> <http://magnatune.com/>

Magnatune is fantastic, and John is a really nice guy. I interviewed
him a while back for my podcast, "The Revolution", which is also
exclusively Creative Commons music. Check out episode #10 for that
interview, and a decent selection of Magnatune artists..

http://www.indieish.com/revolution/archives/19

Also on the Magnatune front, I interviewed C Layne in episode 18

http://www.indieish.com/revolution/archives/35

And Lisa DeBenedictis in episode 17 (if you're going to buy one album
from Magnatune, make it Lisa's "Tigers".. it is way beyond good. Best
self produced album I've ever heard.)

http://www.indieish.com/revolution/archives/27

And Victor Stone (Four Stones) in episode 8

http://www.indieish.com/revolution/archives/17

My show is a pretty good place to check out CC music from a pretty
wide selection of artists and labels, as is Matt May's incredible
"Staccato Music" (Matt's show pulls from a wider selection, with quite
a bit of overlap) which you can find at http://staccatomusic.org/

-G