[ale] Question: Transparent document sharing over the Internet

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 8 16:33:18 EDT 2005

A few years back I brought this question up about MySQL.  A BLOB
was possible but there was a better solution.  Simply store the binaries
on disk.  In the DB store the filenames.  You app can then feed the data
to the remote or do whatever it needs to do.

If Postgres can not store binaries in the DB and you _really_ need it to
then I would suggest possibly converting to base64 and then storing that
in a large type in the DB.