[ale] Bluetooth devices

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Sun Jun 5 21:06:33 EDT 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 11:55 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jim Philips wrote:
> > I just got a Bluetooth enabled phone. Anyone here have experience using
> > Bluetooth with Linux? What Bluetooth devices have worked well for you?
>
> Oh yeah!  :)  I've been playing with it a bit. I've got a usb bluetooth
> device, D-Link dbt-120, works great.  I've been passing files between my
> Nokia and my box.  That's all I've done thus far but I've been able to
> hook them up and that's a start.
>
> I've just picked up another bluetooth usb device, and plan to try it out
> this weekend.  If it works, I'll post to the list.
>
> Google for linux and bluetooth and you'll find a lot of good stuff,
> including a page by our very own Greg Hankins.  Oh, what the  heck,
> here's the link:
>
> http://www.twoguys.org/~gregh/nokia-6310i.html

Thanks. I'll check all of that out. The only thing I refuse to do is wear one
of those Star Trek Bluetooth headsets and run around talking to the air like
somebody with Tourette's syndrome. So far, when I see people wearing one of
those things my first thought is that they have something growing out of
their head.