[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Jun 2 08:03:35 EDT 2005

I concur completely.  As I posted previously, we run 750+ servers on
Debian Stable because taht way we don't have to run regression tests on
every app every week to keep it "up to date" but we know it's stable and
secure, exactly what I want on my server.

On all my home machines I run "unstable" which has had a total of 2
"issues" with broken software in 3 years.  Both of those were minor
upgrade issues which were easily worked around with a final fix in place
before COB.  My desktops and laptops have all the latest bells and
whistles and security is still top line, I just get (and have to do)
updates more often.

Thus spake Barry Hawkins (barry at bytemason.org):